Silishapes Sensory Circles
This set comprises of 10 textured circular disks made from ultra-soft flexible silicone – 5 large and 5 small.
On the surface of each circle is a pattern which is distinctive and different from the rest of the set.
Children can feel these textures and discover their differences.
Placing the small circles into the feely bag provided they can see if they can describe or predict the pattern they are feeling.
Using their feet they can walk over the large sensory circles to see if they can tell them apart.
Linking the small and the large sensory circles via touch is great fun too with or without a blindfold.
Silicone has some great properties which makes it the ideal material for sensory circles - it is strong, safe to handle and ultra-soft to the touch.
On the floor, the circles will grip and not slip even on a shiny surface and after use they can be washed by hand or popped into a dishwasher set on a high temperature to clean them thoroughly without harm.
Covers the following areas of the EYFS & KS1 National Curriculum
- EYFS Personal, Social & Emotional Development : Self- confidence & self-awareness
- EYFS Physical Development : Moving & handling
- EYFS Understanding the World : The World
- EYFS Expressive Arts & Design: Exploring & using media & materials
- KS1 Personal & Social Development
- KS1 Science
Supports quality provision using ITERS and ECERS
- ITERS-R: 15. Activities: Fine motor
- ITERS-R: 16. Active: Physical play
- ITERS-R: 22. Activities: Nature/ Science
- ECERS-R/E: Language & Reasoning, Activities, Science & Environment, Provisions for children with disabilities, Diversity.
Size: Dia.350mm & 80mm. Recommended for children from 3+ - Adult supervision required for under threes.