Eco Friendly Tactile Shells
Tactile shells made from Eco Friendly Materials
These specially designed sea shells have different tactile surfaces and come in 3 sizes. They are made from natural Fibre Particulate Composite (FPC), an agricultural waste product from rice stems and rice husks. Children will love to touch and feel these shells, describing the differences and similarities. Also ideal to teach early number concepts, such as sorting, matching, comparing, sequencing, patterning and counting.
The set contains 36 tactile shells, 2 of each in 6 different tactile finishes and 3 sizes.
FPC has the following ecological benefits:
• Breaks down in the environment
• Zero pollution - reduced energy and water usage in manufacture
• Fully recyclable
Supports the following areas of learning:
• Maths - counting & sorting
• Understanding the World - observation
• Personal Development - sensory
• Communication & Language - descriptive language
Sizes: 40mm, 47mm and 54mm.
Age: Suitable from 18 months.